Google Clips is an interesting device. It uses edge computing and AI to silently observe and than take photos spontaneously that capture a moment in 7 second clips. There’s probably a lot of cool things that could be added to this type of device, especially around voice:
- “OK Google, start recording.”
- “OK Google, take a picture.”
- “OK Google, livestream this to my contacts”
- “OK Google, delete last picture”
- “OK Google, how much memory is left”
Being that this device is supposed to be mostly offline, a few local commands could go a long way as opposed to the full blown Google Assistant.
Taking this a step further and looking at dream features:
- Clippable legs like a Gorillapod to prop itself up or wrap around things
- A countdown button / LEDs
- Multiple cameras to capture 3D or having a better lens for more range
I’m hopeful Google building this device has inspired an arms race of many other hardware makers to create competitive offerings.