After the release of the Alexa Buffet, those doing teardowns will have a lot of work ahead of them. Echo Input, Echo Auto, the microwave, Echo Show 2, etc… there’s a lot in store.
What will be interesting to see is whether Amazon uses any third party technology for far field interaction. Some other questions:
- What processors are being used in the different devices?
- Any far field third party DSP chips?
- How many microphones and what orientation?
- Is there any noise isolation of the microphones?
- What type of visual display do they offer for voice interaction?
- What type of antenna are used, especially for BT connectivity.
There’s still a lot to unpack from last week’s announcements. Let’s see what we can find out…