It was a year ago that Amazon announced dozens of new hardware devices that featured Alexa. We’re getting set for a new set of announcements, likely later this month.
Google, Apple, and Amazon, among others seem to be making more announcements around this time of year.
So what will we likely see next week? Based on nothing by my speculation:
- A new generation of Echo with better sound
- Local wake word and a limited set of commands for offline
- A new screen-based device, maybe even something that will compete with Facebook Portal more directly
- Maybe headphones or other wearables
- A new Ring camera / doorbell
- A slew of IoT home automation devices… more switches, plugs, thermostats… other devices to automate the hoe
A surprise would be a cellphone but as JB would say, never say never.