In the movie Her, the AI’s setup is done by voice. The rumour mill is that for the Samsung S9 release, the setup will be guided by Bixby’s voice.
Riding on this speculating, I’ve been thinking about what might be some ways to prevent this implementation from being a forced Bixby gimmick to something that could be helpful:
- Voice is just one mode for interaction and setup
- There are other fail safes for Bixby not understanding you
- Bixby will work for multiple accents and voice types
- There will be something beyond Bixby points to incentivize usage and bring users back (maybe info or insights against others)
- It works well offline — because the SIM card might be active yet
- It doesn’t talk about all its features too much (the setup experience should be about you and about getting the device setup so you can move on as quickly as possible)