Seven Months with Waze
I’ve been a heavy Waze user for at least seven months. After a trip abroad, I used it on my daily commute to see any issues that might be on my way. A few things that I like about it:
- It assumes where I’m going if I make the same commute at the same time every day
- It gives me the option to override this after opening the app — enough time for me to cancel navigation
- It’s estimated time arrival seems accurate
- It can estimate how much longer I’ll be in standstill traffic
What would be my wish list?
- Have an email update on my driving sent to me every week (instead of through an app notification)
- Have some hardware accessories tie into the app like a GPS tracker or accelerometer
- Assess my driving against other Waze users and offer advice to improve
I’m not sure what Google’s long term plans are for Waze. Maybe two standalone apps — one for local search and one for navigation?