A few months ago, Samsung announced that it would be discontinuing its stickers service. For the uninitiated, this is the ability to send little animated images to recipients of calls using Samsung Galaxy devices. The shame was that this provided with Samsung with a way to create an experience that was unique from the iPhone or Google Pixel.
If you’re the hardware maker and you know the originator and recipient of a call, you can:
- Create a closed video service
- Make it easier to send messages, images, video, and files
- Perform analytics on those calls
- Provide relevant information that could be useful to the callers (think of a smart Bixby)
- Send money or confirm a transaction
Let’s hope Samsung has some other fun ways of promoting people using its devices to call each other.