Over the course of a weekend, maybe a million plus additional households became Alexa-enabled ones. The adoption of ambient voice interaction is accelerating and it’s likely that over the next five years, we may see adoption as high as 80% and within a decade, true ubiquity of voice in all settings. Voice is not Clear Pepsi — it’s a different product altogether.
What will be interesting to notice is how different regions, languages, and cultures adopt to voice-first technologies.
- Will some be more accepting of push notifications?
- Will some be more shy?
- Will we develop new vocabulary based on voice first products?
Some other questions that might be interesting to get answered…
- What products are most ordered through voice?
- What genre of music is more likely to be request by voice?
- What Skills/Actions if any are popular by demographics?
Answering these questions may open the door to new opportunities.