Combining visuals and audio beats just audio.
I spent another session today on Jeopardy! on the Echo Show. The experience of seeing a visual is so much better than audio-only on a regular Echo.
The key differences?
- The graphics look like the show.
- You can read the question as it’s spoken.
- You get a read out of your score against global scores at the end.
The last bit can make the game addictive. People will come back to try to beat the average or maybe make it to a leader board.
What could be done to enhance it?
- MAKE IT TREBEK’S VOICE. That’s worth paying for.
- Make it snappier. There is a lag now.
- Time out with the same sounds from the game
- Allow for selection from a game board
- Use Alexa Buttons for multiple players
The game logic of Jeopardy! could be expanded to a non-Alexa interaction (maybe Lex based?) for events or licensing.
There’s a lot of potential in this game and other TV shows are low hanging fruit for the Echo.