There are only a few days left to submit your prototype app using Lexa.
We’ve been dogfooding Lexa with the Ubi Portal and it’s very convenient for being able to initiate phone calls using the Echo or any Alexa Voice Service enabled devices. The Ubi Portal also makes it super simple to tell any phrase to Alexa and get a response back to the device.
Some quick things you can do:
- Send a pre-written email to one or multiple people by voice
- Send a text message
- Initiate a conference call
- Control a large number of home automation devices (Nest, SmartThings, Logitech… these can be nested together into a single command
- Generate a custom voice response
- Make a call to any web API and send the response back to the Alexa-enabled device
The nice thing is that designing with Lexa and the Ubi Portal requires no programming knowledge. You can checkout the contest here:
We excited to see what people are testing out.